Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year!!! Feelin fine in 2009!


Happy New Year everyone! I know I'm late but better late than never I guess. Our New Years was quite. We just went to Dante's Uncle Tracy's and hung out with them. They had their two little ones plus the twins Kiara and Mikayla. We ate steak and shrimp and watched the movie Step Brothers once all the kids went to bed. It was fricken hillarious! I was dying laughing! So funny. LJ went to bed at 8pm so he didn't really get to join in on the midnight festivities but oh well. There will be many more to come! So our New Years was nice, quite and relaxing.

On Saturday, Jan 3rd we went to engagement party of Clyde and Yvonne our friends and also LJ's Godparents. They got engaged on Saturday, Dec. 27th in New Jersey. Clyde flew out there to surprise her and also to ask her hand in marriage. They are the sweetest couple and I'm so happy for Clyde that he found and fell in love with her! Yvonne is the greatest. They are so cute together! It was a small get together but it was fun. My god daughter Roanne and god son Aaron were there, so it was fun to see and play with them. So CONGRATS to them! I can't wait to go to New Jersey in 2010 for their wedding! I've never been there so I can't wait!

2009! Wow, I can't believe it's 2009! My high school 10 year reunion is this year. I'm excited to see everyone and I really hope everyone shows up. It'll be interesting to see how everyone's lives are.

I'm not sure what to expect with this year. I haven't really made any resolutions. It kind of snuck up on me so I dunno. I definitely want to get back to work...I can honestly say that I'm not really trying but I guess I should start trying harder. I'm being really picky with the positions that I apply for so I'm going to start being more open to different positions, locations, and specialties.

LJ is doing well! I'm definitely enjoying my time with him because I know I'll be returning to work soon. He's growing too fast. I've already started planning his 1st birthday luau. I've set the date, it'll be June 27th at Kennedy High School. They have a really big hall. So I really wanted to use that place. A lot of the Hawaiian functions are held there so it was first on my list. I'm not sure what I'm gonna have yet. I think we're gonna have face painting, some games, and a pinata so far. Not sure on the games yet. I don't want to have to organize and run that during the party. My Aunt who did the food for the baptism/wedding will be here for his luau as well. YAY! I have 5 months to plan so I think I'll be ok.

So our 2009 so far has been good. Not up to much, with the weather and all we've just been staying home. I hate going out in the snow/rain. I know it's only January but I can't wait for Spring! SUNSHINE!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg he's getting SO big!! crazy how time flies by!!

i was totally cracking up with your comment on my blog & the string. LOL & now i'm laughing again! LOL

Mindy said...

Pico, you are so funny. You are already planning his 1st birthday. However it does sound super fun.

Malinda & Cam said...

I have the date in my calendar...if I can walk after the marathon I will be there :)